VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2002

From:
Nel Hatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nel Hatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 07:59:53 -0600
Website: Hatcher Families Resource Center
http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~nhatcher
List Admin: Hatcher email list
Researching: Cook, Hall, Hatcher, Kuhns, Miller, Shepherd, Timberman
The HATCHER BOOKS are now available - Edward, Henry, and Benjamin
For more info: http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~nhatcher/hatchlib.htm
"Genealogy Without Documentation is Mythology"

A question on the Make a Comment option. What happens when someone adds a
Comment? Does Ancestry "do" something that lets the next user know there's
something there? Does a "View Comment" field get added (similar to View
Postem on WC)?

If the next user of the image doesn't realize the county is incorrect, why
would s/he look at a field that is labeled "Make a Comment"?

I have found so many name/age errors on these images that I could spend half
my life adding comments. In my thinking it does no good to add comments for
a name correction if the index is not corrected by Ancestry. In other words
if the name on the index is Leman and the name is really Lamar, no one
searching for Lamar will get a hit.

Nel