VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2001

From:
Peggy Janke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peggy Janke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 23:52:49 -0400
First, thank you all very much for getting VA Roots going again.

Now, my brick wall.

My great-grandmother was Mary Margaret Tutwiler, b. 1843/1844 in Fluvanna or
Buckingham County.  Her parents were Levi Tutwiler, b. 23 Jun 1816 in
Rockingham County, d. 8 Jun 1848,  and Elizabeth/Mary, b. abt. 1822 in
Buckingham County.  I have a lot of information on my Tutwiler line thanks
to a lot of people who have been researching it for years.  Elizabeth/Mary
is my brick wall.

I have seen her listed as Elizabeth Blankenship.  I have also found that the
mother of Mary Margaret married after Levi Tutwiler died, an Olive/Oliver
Blankenship, and in the 1850 census Mary Margaret and her three brothers,
Charles Henry, Benjamin, and Richard are in the household of Oliver and
Elizabeth Blankenship, along with an infant, William S. Blankenship, b.
March, 1850.  I have further information of William S. Blankenship.

I do not have any proof that Elizabeth's maiden name was Blankenship, and
that she married another Blankenship after her Tutwiler husband died.

Are there any Blankenship researchers out there?  With Blankenships in
Buckingham County?  Any Elizabeths??

Peg in Pataskala, Ohio (the 'burbs of Columbus)