VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2001

From:
"J.T. CAVENDER" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
J.T. CAVENDER
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 08:42:27 -0400
I have a John Charles Cavender born on January 23, 1858
in Illinois. He enlisted in the 34th Illinois Volunteer Infantry
(I have August 1861 which is obviously a typo). He first
married Mary E. McCallum on September 10, 1879 in
Jasper County, Iowa, and later married Catherine E.
Hummell on January 1, 1885 in Jasper County, Iowa.
I have his date of birth as October 1861, which is obviously
a typographical error as his last child, John P., was born
in September 1889. Mary McCallum was born about 1853
in either Virginia or in Jasper County, Iowa, and Catherine
Hummell was born in September 1859 in Jasper County,
Iowa.

Can anyone straighten out these obvious typos? I
would certainly appreciate it. Thanks a lot!!

Jay