VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2001

From:
Joyce Ubl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joyce Ubl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 11:17:57 -0400
Sometime I would love to find a source that somebody put out there which
just held that small kernel of truth which could lead me to find my missing
link.  Every time I see strings like this, I wonder whether I really want to
publish my book on one of my families.  When you are covering five centuries
of one family in America, you probably have not been able to check every
primary source yourself.  I know that my days aren't long enough.  I wanted
to write a book which would be a research guide.  It would point you in the
right direction so that you could find the primary sources and proofs
yourself.

I believe that I would be so grateful to find somebody who put out some
information - if clearly stating that the information was tradition or
supposition and not proved - which would provide that one little clue which
could lead me to my missing link.  Of course, if unproved information was
put out as fact - that would be something else.