VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2001

From:
Beverly Brunelle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 19:44:09 EDT
In a message dated 4/2/01 11:32:20 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> (We all know that historians
> *never* publish errors.)

Oh....this make me so mad!!!!  There's a retired history professor from NLU
in Louisiana - publishing genealogy now - and its trash, trash, trash!!!!
You would think he knew better - tells me what a lousy teacher he was.  I
plan to publish on my Roberts line as he has made such a mess of it - and he
had copies of wills, etc - and still messed it up!  If a cousin hadn't told
me I was looking at my own grandmother's family - I would not have even
recognized it!!!!

I am just trying to get the Roberts, Pittsylvania, VA connection further back
before publishing - so it's something new and not just a correction book!!!

NOTE - as to FHC - and IGI files - the NEW thing is to submit by diskette
-these entries don't even give a source to try to trace WHO submitted the
info.  I saw a new reference pop up in the past month - and there's nothing -
even went to the local FHC and called the Salt Lake FHC - and they had NO
clue as to where the info came from or how to trace it.

Beverly

Researching the following lines: BIALI/BIALE, BORDELON, BREWER, BRUNELLE,
CARBO, EDMONDSON, ETHERIDGE, LABORDE, LANDRY, LEEBURG,  MASCARO,
NORMAND/LENORMAND, PONS, ROBERTS, ROTJER, SHOEMAKE, TALTAVULL,
TERRAL/TERRELL, WHATLEY ,WHITTINGTON,  LOWE, HYATT.