VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2001

From:
katie angermeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
katie angermeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 06:12:51 -0000
William,  Sorry I can't answer your specific questions.  I have some records
of NEEL/NEELY in Washington co. VA.  Don't know if they relate.  If you know
any NEEL researchers who know specifically of the Obadiah NEEL who married
Polly LYNDSEY/LINDSEY in 1819, I would be most interested.  Here is a cut
and paste from my data base.  Hope it makes sense.  Also, don't overlook
possibilities of O'Neil McNeil, various spellings.

YEAR   DATE            STATE    COUNTY         SURNAME   FIRST NAME  NOTES
  LOCATION

1834    March 06        VA      Washington      NEEL    Mary D. married WILLS, John D., by Joseph
HASKEW, min.    The Marriages of Washington Co., VA, 1781-1853  HASKEW, Joseph,
Abingdon Methodist,  1833-4     Abingdon, Washington Co. VA

1819    May 18  VA      Washington      NEEL    Obadiah sell 77 acres to Isaac
Lindsey LINDSEY heirs-LINDSEY deed

1819    bef May 18?     VA      Washington      NEEL    Obadiah married LYNDSEY, Polly , by John
Jones Jr.       The Marriages of Washington Co., VA, 1781-1853  JONES John, min.,
Rush Creek Primitive Baptist    Wideners Valley Community, near the
intersection of Routes 605 and 733, there stands one of the few surviving
examples of an old-time log meeting house.
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.asp?S=11&T=2&X=1089&Y=10155&Z=17&W=2

1823    May 16  VA      Washington      NEEL    Obadiah married McCRACKEN, Polly, by W. P.
KINDRICK, min.  The Marriages of Washington Co., VA, 1781-1853  KENDRICK, W.
P., Methodist, Abingdon Circuit, Holston Dist. 1823-4.

1851    December 23     VA      Washington      NEEL    Sophia Ann      married RAMBO, Ezekiel, by
John E. Harris, min.    The Marriages of Washington Co., VA, 1781-1853  HARRIS,
John E., Methodist minister from 1844,  lived 1801-1882.  Harris is buried
Zion Cem.

1819    May 18  VA      Washington      NEEL (LINDSEY)  Polly   sell 77 acres to Isaac
Lindsey LINDSEY heirs-LINDSEY deed
1816    January 25      VA      Washington      NEELY   Hugh    married COLLINS, May , by John
Jones Jr.       The Marriages of Washington Co., VA, 1781-1853  JONES John, min.,
Rush Creek Primitive Baptist    Wideners Valley Community,

1833    March 28        VA      Washington      NEELY   Hugh S. married BRIDGES, Jane. by Robert
M. SHANKLAND, min.      The Marriages of Washington Co., VA, 1781-1853  SHANKLAND,
Robert M.. North Fork Christian Ch.  1829-1846  North Fork Church VA
Washington church 364552N 0820935W Hansonville

1846    March 19        VA      Washington      NEELY   Mary    married DENTON, Thomas A., by Albert
G. TAYLOR, min. The Marriages of Washington Co., VA, 1781-1853

Thats the end.  Regards and happy hunting, Katie