VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2001

Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 23:41:07 EST
Happy New Year Everyone,

Well, I have a whole new set of lines on my children's paternal side that I
have just received information and I was wondering if anyone is familiar with
these Virginia families that I have pasted in below.  I have information on
the Bondurants, being Huegenots, etc., but they three ladies -- Lucinda
Gilley, Cecile Hall, and Sarah Rachel Taylor -- I am very interested in.
Sarah Bondurant, daughter of John & Lucinda Gilley, married James Jackson
HARRELL (NC>TN>AL>TX background).  (The below information is from the Maxey
database at Rootsweb's World Connect website).

JOHN BUNDRANT AND LUCINDA GILLEY
John Bundrant born June 22, 1782 in VA45,46; died June 30, 1850 in Lawrence,
TN.  He was the son of  Richard Bondurant and Cecelia Ann Hall.  He married
Lucinda Gilley April 19, 1816 in Henry Co., VA. Lucinda Gilley, born July 20,
1792 in VA; died August 19, 1882 in Coryell Co., TX.

RICHARD BONDURANT AND CECILA HALL
Richard Bondurant, born August 22, 1740 in Manikantown, Goochland Co.,
Virginia.  He was the son of John Peter Bondurant and Sarah Rachel Taylor.
He married Cecelia Ann Hall.

JOHN BONDURANT AND SARAH RACHEL TAYLOR
John Peter Bondurant, born 1710 in King William Parish, Virginia; died Abt.
1744.  He was the son of Jean Pierre (John Peter) Bondurant and Ann Faure
L'Orange.  He married Sarah Rachel Taylor Abt. 1729.

FYI, James Jackson Harrell and Sarah Bondurant's daughter Saluda Evelyne
married George Washington Kennedy, who goes back to Kennedy O'Barr, Mallory
Baker Davenport and others in VA 1700s.

Best Regards,

Janet Hunter