VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2001

Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 18:40:30 EST
Hi to the list

Well it is a new year and time to once again ask if there are connections and
new cousins out there?

Looking for Samuel [T.?] Robertson, probably lived and born in Buckingham ca
1810.  He married Sarah (Sallie) Kidd in Fluvanna Co., 1853.  I suspect he
was from the area across the James River not far from Fluvanna and possible
near New Canton or just across from a place called Hardware where the
Hardware dumps into the James.  There was a mill there (Kidds Mill) and a
ferry across the river.  This is of course, speculation only,  I also suspect
his Robertson kinfolks are connected to the Maxey line.  This again is
speculation.  I am pretty sure his father is not Elisha, and wonder if could
be a James or William.

I am also thinking about starting a Robertson/Robinson/Roberson news letter.
At this time it is just thinking!.  Please contact me privately if you have
any thoughts on either of the above.

Alice in Fluvanna