VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2001

From:
Patte Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patte Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 13:19:37 -0500
I don't know the details but when I was researching in Charlotte Co I was
told that some early records of Lunenburg ended up in another County.
Apparently, a clerk decided to clean-up the courthouse there and tossed a
bunch of early records into the trash.  These were found before they were
destroyed and salvaged.  What I don't remember is where they were taken,
but  I seem to think that it was a nearby county office or historical
society.   Someone might do some research and talk to the Charlotte Co
clerks office or Charlotte Co. historical society to see if anyone
remembers.  Sorry to be so sketchy.

Patte Wood