VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2001

From:
Tom or Donna <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom or Donna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:41:58 -0400
A researcher gave me this:
> I found your George Rout with 4 whites on page 63 of the book "Heads of
> Families at the first census of the United States taken in the Year 1790,
> Records of the State Enumerations:1782 to 1785" Genealogical Publ. Co.,
> Inc Baltimore [1986].   He is listed as being in Richmond Co VA in 1783
> Census in Precinct of Moratico--List of Richard Beale.>
 >      After reviewing your message, I looked for Howard's near any of
> > these George Rout(t)s and found 2 Howard households in the same list on
> > p.63 as the George Rout you asked about.   One was LeRoy Howard with 5
> > white and 3 blacks, and the other was Thomas Howard with 5 white and 7
> > blacks.

Does anyone have access to deeds that can tell me if this George Rout moved to
Nelson Co KY between 1783-1800??
Are there any Richmond Co VA Personal Property taxes between 1783-1800???
Is there a marriage book that someone can check to see who this George Rout married?
Does anyone have children for either LeRoy Howard or Thomas Howard?
Does Richmond Co VA have a will for either Howard man and does it list a
daughter- Mrs. ROUT???

I would like to know if this George Rout was my George that moved to Nelson Co
KY and married Nancy Howard?  This is my Rout line:

My First Rout is Sarah Elizabeth Rout.  She was born 14 Aug 1852 in LaRue Co
KY.  She married William G. Walters 21 Oct 1874 in LaRue Co.
Her parents were George W. Rout and Mary Jane COVERT - they being married 29
Jul 1851 in LaRue Co KY.  Sarah is listed in the 1860/70 census as being their child.

I SURE WOULD LIKE A WILL/PROBATE OR ESTATE RECORD OF GEORGE and MARY JANE (1880-1896)

George was born 23 Apr 1826  (This date from letter of Mildred ROUTT Aug 2
1996) George's parents were John and Sarah Howard Rout- they being married 22
Apr 1822 in Hardin Co KY.
According to Marshall Miller, John's parents were George and Nancy Howard
Sutterfield. George married the widow Sutterfield Jun 1792 in Nelson Co KY and
he was dead before she remarried a third time to John FORD in 1808.
HELP ME FIND What County in VA they came from and who GEORGE and NANCY"S
PARENTS ARE!!! Their children being John, Margaret, Prudance, Richard, and
Anthony

Other G ROUT's I'm researching:

>    On p.85 I found George Routt with 4 white souls in Amherst Co in 1785.
>     On p.38 I found a George Routt with 6 white ad 9 blacks in List of
> Kenner Cralle in St.Stephens Parish in Northumberland Co in 1782.

Which one of these George Routs was the George Rout listed in a CUlpeper Co VA
family bible that married a Winny Pope about 1780? http://www.rootsweb.com/~takelley/cbroutt.htm