VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2001

From:
Mickey Fournier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mickey Fournier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 20:30:40 -0400
Maggie Phillips inquired:

Looking for the parents of Jane RAEBURN.
She m. Andrew McCOMB
circa 1737; she d.
In Augusta County, VA after
15 March 1788.
Andrew McCOMB d. Between
March 15 and June 1788 in Augusta.

The name RAEBURN caught my eye.  I am a McMAHON/McMAHAN/McMECHAN, etc.,
etc., descendant and I found these notes quite some time ago in Chalkleys,
which is on line at the Augusta County website now.   There may be much more
REABURN information.  I only copies that which connected to the McMAHON
family.  This Robert McMAHON was a piece of work!  Do you recognize these
folks?

16 May 1754, Augusta County, VA.  Margaret REBURN's bond as admx of estate
of Edward REBURN, with sureties, Robert McMAHON and Henry REBURN.

1758, Augusta Co., VA.  Margaret REABURN, widow, has married with Robert
McMAHON and she is summoned to show cause why her children should not be
bound out.

21 Oct 1765, Augusta Co, VA.  Robert McMAHON and Margaret, his wife, to Hugh
DONEGHE, land on North River.  Wit: John REBURN.

21 Nov 1768, Augusta Co., VA.  Robert McMAHON, committal to trial on
suspicion of the murder of Robert REBURN.  Recognizance of witnesses, Jean
REBURN, John REBURN, Thomas McMAHAN.

26 Nov 1768, Augusta Co., VA.  Robert McMAHON sent to Williamsburg for trial
on the murder trial.

26 Jun 1769, Augusta Co., VA.  Robert McMAHON vs. John JONES, suit abates
due to plaintiffs death.

Mildred "Mickey" Fournier
PO Box 1967, Lake City, FL 32056
mailto:[log in to unmask]