VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2019

From:
lisa hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2019 18:07:04 +0000
Sally check Hanover County court records, possibly New Kent James City County
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 8:09 AM, Sally Phillips<[log in to unmask]> wrote:   I am looking for recent information on Broaddus Flats, in the Old Church
area, below the Pamunkey.  My husband's immigrant ancestor, George
Phillips, settled there in the late 1600s, along with David Crafford
(Crawford), one of the Meriwethers, a Page (I think) and lots of other
illustrious people.

When I search the LVA catalog, I find nothing on Broaddus Flats.  I find it
hard to believe that LVA doesn't have anything on the area.  There's a
short, old book about it.  There was a fairly recent archaeological dig.  I
must be searching wrong.

How can I find information on Broaddus Flats, back in the 1600s, 1700s, and
1800s?  (I'm not interested in the solar farm proposed for the area.)

Thank you.

Sally Phillips