VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2023

From:
Joy Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2023 12:51:12 +0000
 You can search the records yourself.
Go to
 https://www.familysearch.org/en/
Click on "Search" on menu bar at top
Choose "Catalog" from pull down menu
In the "Place" search box, start typing "King William"  you won't get too far before Virginia, King William appears in green below the search box. Click on it and choose
"on line" for availability.
Click "search"
Notice that there was a courthouse fire in 1885 and most of the early records were destroyed or badly damaged, but what remains can be searched from anywhere.
You will need to sign up for an account - it's free and painless.
Good luck