VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2001

From:
Sharon Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sharon Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 11:27:43 -0600
Hello,

Do any of you have any information on this John DUNCAN who was born in
VA, 1710, and died in Vauquier Co., VA, 1795?  He was the father of my
6th g-grandmother Mary ?Elizabeth? DUNCAN who married William MORGAN
about 1762 in Fauquier Co.  She died before 1767 VA.  William MORGAN was
born 1719, Richmond Co., VA, and died 1797, Lincoln Co., KY.  He was the
son of Charles MORGAN, Sr. and his wife, Anna.  Several people have told
me that Anna was Anna DUNCAN and several have told me she was Anna
THORNTON.  If anyone has any information on her, I would certainly
appreciate it.

Mary ?Elizabeth? DUNCAN and William MORGAN had several children, one
being Mary MORGAN, born 1747, Prince William Co., VA, died before 1806,
Fauquier Co., VA.  She married George SETTLE about 1762, Fauquier Co.,
VA.  When George Settle was in his 70's, he moved, along with several of
their adult children and their families, to Barren Co., KY, around 1806,
I think.

I am a descendant of their daughter, Hannah SETTLE, born 1765, Fauquier
Co., VA, died before 20 May 1820, Barren Co., KY.  She married William
WILLIS about 1787 in Fauquier Co., VA.  He was born 1765, Fauquier Co.,
died Dec 1845, Barren Co., KY.  I think he was the son of Charles
WILLIS, who was the son of Matilda THACKER and Charles WILLIS of King
George Co., VA.  The last Charles Willis was the son of John WILLIS who
died 1715, Richmond Co., VA.

I would love to learn more about any of these families.  I know
absolutely nothing about the DUNCAN family.  Someone sent me some
information showing that John DUNCAN, born about 1730, died 1776, VA,
who married Elizabeth HOLTZCLAW [daughter of Catherine RUSSELL and John
HOLTZCLAW] was a son of my John DUNCAN, but I don't know if this is so.

I hope each of you have a wonderful weekend, and I look forward to
hearing from you.  I will be happy to share what I have.

Warm regards,
Sharon Clark
Fort Worth, TX