VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2001

From:
Virginia Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Virginia Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 03:04:10 -0500
Hello, Rosemary

My great-great grandfather, Morris (Maurice) MORRIS was born in Virginia.  I
do not have his father's or mother's name, nor a county in Virginia.  In
other words, no clues!  My ancestor was in Harrison County, Indiana
Territory, by about the turn of the century 1800.  He married Rebecca
WILCOXSON there in 1811.  An old history of southern Indiana stated that he
was from Wales.  However, I believe that the person writing that information
was mistaken because in another reference it was stated that he was *born*
in Wales.

Any information you have would be much appreciated.

Virginia