VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2011

From:
George A Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Oct 2011 09:10:00 -0700
Thank you Greg and all of you gracious friends that replied.  My problem has been one of  "chasing the facts"....with an impediment.  My patriarch has been reliably identified as Lewis Williams  "of Nansemond County, VA".....with documentations in some of the Colonial Records and in the "order of the first Families of NC".  However, a line back to his father ?John died Isle of Wight County ca 1650.   Lewis' life and times has been proved difficult to follow.  His property in Nansemond was probably in Bath precinct of Albemarle county which became Bath then Chowan then Bertie then Hertford counties, NC.  I have those recods with his death and will in 1717.  He has been identified with a birth date -1640- 1646.  "in Nansemond.....I don't think so, but posit Accomack or Isle of Wight counties.  Queen Creek, VA has been considered.  Thanks for your refernce.  George