VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2023

From:
Lonny Watro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2023 02:35:35 -0500
So, ancestry claims my ancestor had a death record in Accomack County that
is on the FHL Films.
Here's the info:
Name Peter Gillaspie
Birth Date abt 1828
Birth Place Accomack County
Death Date 15 Mar 1863
Death Place Accomack County, Virginia
Death Age 35
Occupation Farmer
Race White
Marital Status Married
Gender Male
Father Name R. Or M. Gillaspie
Mother Name R. Or M. Gillaspie
Spouse Name Susan Gillaspie
FHL Film Number 30107

However, when I go to FamilySearch and try to search for this record in the
death registry of Accomack County I find that 1861 thru 1864 is missing.
Where is this record and why can't I locate it?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Lonny Watro

https://listlva.lib.va.us/archives/va-roots.html