VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2008

From:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2008 21:35:24 -0600
My only important response is that in this, my home and very well populated
county, there are thousands of records in hundreds of folios and ledgers
that have not been and are not reproduced anywhere, and surely are not on
the net.  However, we who search here know where and what those records are,
just as you do in your home counties, and our usually free help as to those
records has been VERY important to MANY folks.  I am satisfied that our
genealogy groups will continue to so contribute or at least refer
questioners to nearby professionals.

In closing, I also would suggest that such as the records of state
treasurers, auditors, states' prisons, lunatic asylums and other such
services very often reveal facts that, again, have not and likely never will
appear in any source except within those offices or at the state archives.
Those records here remain virtually untouched.  I have found some
extraordinarily valuable and useful family information in those offices, in
my case especially in CN, VA, MA. and Ohio.

Nite, all

Paul

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9:29 AM