VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2012

From:
"Jones, Louise (LVA)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2012 14:48:55 +0000
I used The Library of Virginia "Site Index" and clicked on Tax Records.  It took me to this address:
http://www.lva.virginia.gov/public/using_collections.asp#_guides-TaxRecords

You will find the land taxes listed under "Virginia Land Tax Records on Microfilm" and the personal property tax list under "Virginia Personal Property Tax Records on Microfilm"  You will find that the records are arranged by County and City and looking within the County or City listing you will find out which years appear on which reel of microfilm.

Louise Jones