VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2001

From:
Janet Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 09:32:10 EST
I am interested in whether the Library of Virginia's Bolling-Batte papers
include more than just the card files that have been digitalized and are
online.  And if so, how can the collection be described, perhaps by someone
who has used them?   I have read through the information at LVA's website,
but am still a bit puzzled as to what exactly is at LVA.   The cards refer to
wills, list children, deeds, etc.  Are these documents included in the
papers?

Any help would be most welcome as I am particularly interested in what sort
of documentation he has for the (disputed among the Baughs, well me
specifically) parentage of John Baugh (d. ca 1771/2, Chesterfield Co), who
married Elizabeth Akin as John, d. 1726, and Margaret Baugh.  FYI, this
parentage is in Boddie's Historical Southern Families, and Adventures of
Purse & Person, both secondary sources.  But later land records suggest that
a different John Baugh (mine to be specific, who died in 1761) was living on
land that John d. 1726, willed to his son John.

Thanks in advance.

Janet (Baugh) Hunter

Thanks in advance,