VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2007

From:
Madaline Preston <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 12:39:34 -0400
   About 3 years ago someone posted info on this Virginia site about

a book written by a Virginian, Capt. Samuel S. Buck entitled:  "With

the Old Confeds:  Actual Experiences of a Captain in the line."  I

was charmed by its poignant story, so much so I have had it

reprinted.

    I do not know who this kind person was but want to thank them

for making me aware of the book’s existence as the proceeds from the

sales will go to the Kernstown Battlefield Association making your

gift to me .... a long term gift to future generations.

M. Preston

Mitzie Preston

James Madison University

College of Business