VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2013

From:
"Childs, Carl (LVA)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2013 17:13:07 +0000
Marilyn,

The Halifax County chancery records have been processed and indexed in the Halifax clerk's office thanks to  grant funds awarded by the Library of Virginia's Circuit Court Records Preservation program (CCRP). While the records are currently still in Halifax, plans are being made to transfer them to the Library of Virginia for digital scanning. I am hoping this transfer will happen in the next several months so that we can begin this project. Hope this information helps.

Carl

Carl M.C. Childs
Director, Local Records Services
Deputy Coordinator, State Historical Records Advisory Board
Library of Virginia: Archives of the Commonwealth
800 East Broad Street
Richmond, Virginia 23219
804.692.3739
804.692.2277 (fax)