VA-ROOTS Archives

December 2000

From:
Phyllis Cloyd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Phyllis Cloyd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 14:40:12 -0500
Tim --

I'll take your word for it.

My mother is one of those rare individuals who will have lived in THREE
centuries and TWO millenniums and she is very proud of it.

Her roots go back to VA.  She is an EAST and was born July 9, 1900 in
Clay Center, NE.  She lives in Southern California and is doing
exceptionally well for her age.  Her vision and hearing are
deteriorating some, and she walks with a cane.  But she still loves to
cook and can talk your ear off on the phone.  She has a remarkable
memory and I'll swear she hasn't forgotten anything she learned, heard
or saw in her 100+ years.

A lot of subscribers to this list helped me earlier this year to add
some lore to the EAST family history so I could share it with my mother
on her birthday.  I am most grateful to them for their kind assistance.

        Phyllis Merryman Cloyd in NJ