VA-ROOTS Archives

September 2020

From:
"Deal, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 2020 10:16:47 -0400
Dear Virginia Heritage Community,

The Governance Team for Virginia Heritage <https://vaheritage.org> would
like to update you on recent events within our community. We have been
consistently expanding our membership over the years and have successfully
worked with the University of Virginia Library to stabilize the VH
infrastructure. Building on that solid foundation, we have recently begun
the process to integrate some key stakeholders from West Virginia to create
a new, combined effort to provide descriptive access to our rare and unique
holdings. Like Digital Virginias <https://digitalvirginias.org>our DPLA
<https://dp.la> Service Hub, this collaboration across both states will
provide new opportunities for engagement and participation.

To that end, we are updating our governance structure and will adapt how
Virginia Heritage has operated over the last twenty years. Virginia
Heritage Governance invites you to review and comment on our updated governance
document
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vQA-70EKcO70wVOHngW94I5bDvAFjPVbQMhRSplhG2ojLbb9pXj6d9IDE_0xAt_VUw1EEq8rlzq-gtL/pub>
and consider how you or someone from your organization could get involved.

We request feedback from the community through the month of September and
will be available to answer any questions you might have. In the meantime,
we are soliciting ideas for a new name that reflects the combined nature of
our new effort. Please send any ideas to Lynn Eaton ([log in to unmask]).

We plan to have a few open sessions to discuss these events later in the
Fall, the first is slated for Tuesday, 29 September, 1PM. You can register
at  https://forms.gle/TZrFJj1ogX6iqSZ96
<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforms.gle%2FTZrFJj1ogX6iqSZ96&data=02%7C01%7Cgpgaidmore%40wm.edu%7Caabf1bc5551d46e8de8f08d85991a3e0%7Cb93cbc3e661d40588693a897b924b8d7%7C0%7C1%7C637357829349318298&sdata=vtiJiEwFa1w8%2FnoBmrO3oMTLcHi%2F7%2Bz3NB4PvP368z4%3D&reserved=0>
.

Best,

Bradley Daigle, Chair, Virginia Heritage

Lynn Eaton, Vice Chair, Virginia Heritage

https://listlva.lib.va.us/archives/va-roots.html