VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2008

From:
Robert Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2008 12:13:34 -0500
My ancestor Robert Adams (Robert of Goochland) received several Land
Patents in the early 1700's in what are now Henrico, Goochland and Albemarle
counties.

He is our brick wall, but there are strong indications that he or his father may
have been from Aberdeenshire, Scotland.

My questions: what were the restrictions on who received Land Patents?
Most importantly, could a Scot have received Land Patents?

Thank you,
Al Adams