VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2008

From:
J Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2008 20:03:04 EDT

I don't believe that the Library of Virginia is trying to prevent list
members from being able to access the materials offered freely online.   Neither do
they want the reputation of their list appearing to have more  commercials
than content.

I'm wondering if they might consider relaxing their ruling to allow
announcements of public-access materials, with the understanding that if  you follow
the link or URL you will find yourself on a commercially  oriented site.  This
would apply to all vendors,  of  course.

Janice