VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2008

Date:
Mon, 12 May 2008 23:23:31 -0500
I just found out about this website.  It is called, DeadFred.com.  I copied
and pasted the info about it below:

*"*DeadFred.com does a lot to create a reunion environment of misplaced
pictures and forgotten cousins on the web. Success stories of relatives
finding photos number over a 1,000. The site is like an online missing items
department. Instead of rummaging around in a box full of goods, the 5,000
plus people that come to browse/search the site aren't looking for a missing
coat, they seek family pictures inherited by someone else or abandoned by
uninterested executors. If Joe Bott, the owner of DeadFred posted the
picture you could end up the proud owner of a long-lost family picture. All
you have to do is prove your relationship to the person in the image. "*
*
I know I have a few very old pictures where I don't know who the people or
the places are...just might check this website out...

Shirley Cox Schroeder

--
Every reform was once a private opinion. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson