VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2008

From:
sharon Peery <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
sharon Peery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 May 2008 23:06:10 +0000
About 1735, in Goochland Co., a Timothy Rich died, leaving a widow Catherine and six children.
Catherine remarried, to a man with the unexpected name of James Timothy Vanzantvanpolt (it
could be "vanpelt," but probably not), according to Goochland court records.

His name seems to be two names, something I have not seen previously with Dutch names.
I was also surprised to find anyone with a Dutch name in Goochland at this time.

I will be very grateful to anyone who can offer enlightenment on his name and his presence.
I would also be happy to hear from anyone working on the Rich family in Virginia and North
Carolina.
                                                    Sharon Peery