VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2005

From:
clay gullatt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
clay gullatt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 14:05:35 -0700
Paul

Thank you for your expertise, we can always count
on you coming up with the answer.

My ancester John Gollatt/Gullatt and his mother
Rachel Gullatt (widow of Peter Gollatt/Gullatt
d.1784) are listed as the heads of families on
the 1790 in Fairfax Co. VA.

Rachel Gullatt (widow)on the 1787 Fairfax Co. tax
list did not have any sons listed by number over
16 and under 21 or any listed by name over 21.
The oldest son was Peter b.ca 1770/71 and oldest
daughter Rebecca b.ca 1769/70.

The oldest daughter of John Gullatt I have found
was born ca 1796/97 hence the questions of when
he was born and when he married since he was
listed as a head of household in 1790. John
Gullatt d. 1824 in Jackson Co. Al after moving
1800 to Lincoln Co. GA then to Jackson Co. AL(the
Cherokee Nation then)in 1816.

Clay