VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2001

From:
Jo Ann Gile <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jo Ann Gile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 19:53:24 -0500
Thanks for the web site address I read it also have read other
articles and books concerning Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings.

It is my understanding that Jefferson was a widower who had deeply
loved his dead wife.

Jefferson's wife and Sally had been half sisters sharing the same
father.  Sally was very light and could of passed for a white person
in France and could of had her freedom while in France, but did not
chose to do so, rather she preferred to return to America and be with
Jefferson

Sally was a beautiful woman and looked like her dead sister.

What is so wrong with Jefferson falling in love with Sally, a
beautiful woman who resembled his dead wife, it was interesting he did
not remary, but  showed  faithfulness  to Sally by staying single.

We will never know for sure, but for me I vote for Jefferson being in
love with Sally and fathering everyone of her children.

Jo Ann