VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2008

From:
"D. Briggs" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2008 01:51:54 -0400
I have a copy of Charlotte
County Rich Indeed and my ancestor is in there.? It shows him, Thomas
Pugh, as an Ensign in 1824, a Lieutenant in in 1828, and a Captain in
1829.? According to the obituary for his son, S. J. Pugh, Thomas was
Colonel Thomas Pugh.? There are a number of cousins working on the
family history and some believe him to be a Captain and that the
obituary was wrong, some say the obituary got it right.? My mother
recalls that when she was a child they referred to him as "the
Colonel".? We were trying to find the answer to whether Thomas was
promoted to the rank of Colonel or not.?