VA-ROOTS Archives

December 2000

From:
Sharon Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sharon Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 19:30:54 -0600
Hello,

Do any of you Morgan experts know who William's mother was?  William was

the son of Charles MORGAN of Fauquier Co., VA.  Originally I only had
Anna for his mother's name.  Then I found some information on the
internet showing that her surname was DUNCAN.  Later I received some
information that indicated her name was Alice/Anna THORNTON, daughter of

Alice SAVAGE and Francis THORNTON of King George Co., VA.

William married Mary DUNCAN, daughter of John DUNCAN of Fauquier Co.
Their daughter, Mary MORGAN, married George SETTLE, and they were my 5th

g-grandparents.  Mary must have died in Fauquier Co., VA, and when he
was in his seventies, George SETTLE moved to Barren Co., KY, along with
several of his children and their families.

If someone can help me with the name of William Morgan's mother [or tell

me where to find the information], I would greatly appreciate it.

Good luck in your research, and have a wonderful holiday season.

Warm regards,
Sharon Clark
Fort Worth, Texas