VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2012

From:
Bettie Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2012 08:57:29 -0500
Huzzahs and loud hurrahs to you, Mr. Lantz, for your inquiry. I, too, feel I wasted a valuable day when I went to the Library of Virginia because I was ill prepared. You may be sure I will be watching for a response to your note, and will print it and save it! Good luck and thanks again,
Bettie Davis

Subject: [VA-ROOTS] Visiting LVA

I am preparing to visit the Library of Virginia.  I visited the library many years ago, unprepared, and found I was baffled about how to even request and use the materials available.  I am no novice at using library services or visiting various county clerk offices, both in Virginia and West Virginia.  However, I would like to be better prepared for this visit.

I have visited the LVA website but I am still not comfortable that I am prepared for the visit.  I would like to know if there is a video tour of the library available or a recommendation for the first place to stop when I get there.

Thank you.