VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2001

From:
Beth Bond <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Beth Bond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 16:23:00 -0500
Could it have been a different James H. Ward? Sometimes a widow can collect
a pension. I went to the actual pension for a J. H. Ward of Grayson County
online but the filled in information was barely legible. It was indeed 1902
and the man was 73 years old.

 Since your fellow was long dead and it was a different county, it probably
was just another man with the same name.

 I have had it happen where both the veteran and his wife were both dead
before they were able to apply for a pension. So perhaps that is what
happened in his case.

 Just a thought.

    Beth