VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2008

From:
PJ Achramowicz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
PJ Achramowicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2008 18:53:05 -0400
I am looking for a location listed on the Army enlistment record of my grand
uncle. The entry is handwritten so I am not altogether sure of the correct
town name. It looks like Hellonroe or Hellowroe, though tI'm not even sure the
first letter is an H.  I am assuming that whatever it is, there was an army base
at this location, as that is where he was discharged (before he reenlisted).
The entry is one of many on a sheet so it does not give a clue as to which
county this might have been in. The date of the discharge is 1914.  Anyone
have any ideas to which town and army base in 1914 this might have been?
Thanks.