VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2001

From:
Vickie Elam White <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 13:32:43 EST
In a message dated 1/7/01 11:20:48 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Daniel Gaines did marry the Widow Rouzee.  John Catlett and the Rouzess were
>  half siblings. When Daniel Gaines married John Catlett turned over property
>  to him to manage for the Rouzee children.

But Margaret (--) ROUZEE was not a BARNARD by birth, correct?

> The will of Daniel Gaines mentions his sons in law meaning step sons and a
> grandson in law. Who was the son of Sarah by her husband John Smith.

You mean Sarah ROUZEE, daughter of Ralph and Margaret (--) who was
a minor when her mother married Daniel GAINES, right?

Which of the many John SMITHs did she marry?  Can you supply any
more info on him and his son so I can tell him apart from the others?

Thanks.

Vickie Elam White