VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2011

From:
Katie Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2011 14:57:18 -0700
I appreciate that Joy Watkins sent this to us, and waited all day to post.  I bumped heads in email with Paul Drake on more than a few occasions.  I was saddened to hear of his passing before I had a chance to lift a glass in his honor and in his company.

I searched my Genealogy folder for "Drake" and found 670 hits.  I have just re-read many of the exchanges and smiled at each "Hello, Dear", "Katie, dear"; it was never a condescending "dear" but a sincere gentleman's address.

He is missed.  I hope one of us meets him in the stacks some day.

Katie Holland
Silver Spring, MD
originally from Virginia Beach, VA