VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2005

From:
ljcrain1 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 26 Jun 2005 18:27:37 -0500
Other methods of reading the stones include using very thin aluminum foil,
press onto and remove to read, also using a camcorder with light gathering
capabilities, zoom in real close.  You aren't supposed to do rubbings, use
colored chaulk or any substance. I have also heard to carry a spray bottle
of distilled water, a good wetting down makes those inscriptions pop out for
photos.

Janet Crain