VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2005

Date:
Sun, 26 Jun 2005 17:24:54 EDT
I am not Mary, but I will answer. Shaving cream contains ingredients that
can etch the stone or cause it to crumble. We had a discussion on the list many
years ago about the best ways to read the tombstones, and especially for
photographing them. The best suggestion that was tried and true and didn't harm
the stone was to shine a flashlight or reflect the sunlight with a mirror
across the stone while someone takes the photo.
Julia French Wood

In a message dated 6/26/2005 4:19:23 P.M. Central Daylight Time,