VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2002

From:
Scott Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:50:55 -0800
Can anyone tell me the whereabouts of Masons Depot, Virginia?  And how
about a place called "A.R.R."?

In the compiled service records of Confederate soldiers, a soldier's
residence is referred to as "Masons Depot & A.R.R."  The soldier was
enlisted at Massies Mill, Nelson Co., Va., and he was a private in
Captian Lamkin's (Latham's) Amherst-Nelson Light Artillery.  I suspect
he was from Albemarle Co.

There is no Masons Depot in the Geographic Names Information System
(http://geonames.usgs.gov/pls/gnis/web_query.gnis_web_query_form).

Thanks!

Scott