VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2008

From:
Bill Odle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Odle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 2008 18:59:19 -0500
I know---SMITH!  I have hopes that someone out there can help me with my
line.  This is as far back as I know.

Solomon Smith was born 1775 in Virginia and married Martha (?) who was born
1775 in Spartanburg Dist., SC.  They came to Lincoln Co. TN with their
family, and later moved to IL and they died in Marion Co., IL.  Two of their
sons, William and Chaney, stayed in TN.  I am from the line of Chaney
Lafayette Smith.

Thanks for any help.  Maxine Smith Odle