VA-ROOTS Archives

September 2005

From:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Sep 2005 12:32:52 -0500
Mitzi wrote:

  Paul, you may do a service to some on the VA list  to mention checking
estate settlements in court records as an excellent source of info.  I have
found children      absent from the list due to either their departure to
another state or  the fact they have passed away. If the kids aren't at the
sale there is a reason.   (I found an unknown daughter this way.  She wasn't
mentioned in the will as she was      married and the will dealt with
placement of underage children....but boy she was there when her father's
possession were sold.!  Also most of the participants are either kin or
neighbors...giving a larger picture of the scene.
      Mitzie Preston