VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2001

Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 09:46:50 EDT
The problem with the existance of these files is that you can say, "use them
for clues", but I have wasted years looking in the wrong place, with false
hopes, because of those "clues".  They aren't clues, they are, downright,
errors and lies.

Now, there may be important clues there that I will miss because I can't be
sure that any of it can be trusted.  But, there is no way for a researcher on
a new line to know which data is correct and which is not.  Therefore, the
files are useless.

Julia French Wood