VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2013

From:
Char Bah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2013 15:31:59 -0800
This is in response to Lakisha Newman.  Several years ago a group of us wanted to take a selected number of slave narratives and perform a genealogical reseach on them.  I seleted three slave narratives.  One of the slave narratives was Byrl (Burl) Anderson.  I found a lot of information on Byrl including his slave owner and some of his living relatives.  I visited the area that he migrated to after the Civil War.

This project was going to be published but the offer failed through.  I have packed the research up and I am not too sure whether I can put my fingers on the research.  I worked on Byrl Anderson for whole year and I was very success in finding a great deal about him.

If you like, you can e-mail me at [log in to unmask]  Thanks!

Char McCargo Bah