VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2008

From:
J Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 15 May 2008 10:47:24 EDT

Thanks for reminding us of this.  I'm looking forward to his  presentation,
having missed the big conference.  I hope he doesn't  mind my bringing
binoculars - between my eyesight and sometimes getting stuck  behind VERY big people
I've decided that getting the most out of the program is  more important than
looking genealogically sophisticated!

**************

The next program in the Virginia Heritage Resource Center's Mining  the
Treasure House lecture series will be held at noon on Tuesday, 20  May
2008 in the conference rooms adjacent to the lobby of the Library  of
Virginia at 800 East Broad Street in downtown Richmond. The speaker  will
be Trenton Hizer, Senior Finding Aids Archivist at the Library  of
Virginia. He will discuss the newly published Guide to the  Personal
Papers Collections at the Library of Virginia. The Guide serves as  an
introduction to more than 5,700 diverse collections that cover more  400
years of Virginia history. Hizer will discuss the compilation of  the
volume and several of the many collections described in it, ranging  from
Thomas Yong's 1634 letters describing Virginia to blogs commenting  on
and analyzing the 2005 Virginia elections.

The Guide is available  for purchase from the Library Shop email
[log in to unmask], telephone  - 804-692-3524, or fax -
804-225-2934 price $45.00 + $7.00 shipping (VA  residents add 5% sales
tax)

There is free underground parking for  Library patrons but please note
that space is limited. For more information  on this and other programs
and services of the Library of Virginia please  visit the Library's web
site at http://www.lva.lib.va.us

To subscribe,  change options, or unsubscribe, please see the instructions  at

favorites at AOL Food.