VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2001

From:
Kevin Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 18:35:44 -0500
John Carter died about 1798 in Bedford Co VA owning 250 acres on the
Stanton River, which was apparently divided among his seven children.  By
1806 the "heirs of Lewis Christian" had apparently purchased the shares of
John's children, totalling about 170 acres of the original 250 acre tract.
I have been unable to find any info on how Lewis Christian
purchased/acquired this land. Does anyone have ANY info on this Lewis
Christian, who himself must have died between 1798 and 1806?  Alternately,
Lewis  could have received a trust from John Carter prior to his death for
some debts due but I can find any record of it.  Any clues appreciated.