VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2001

From:
Julia Crosswell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Julia Crosswell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 06:22:36 -0500
July the 23rd 1787
Sir: John Michie is about to marry my daughter Frances Early and has
applied to me for my consent for which I have hereby signified under my
hand and seal.
Sanford Phillips                        Thedoshe Early
Darcos Shiflett

I am trying to determine the relationship between Darcos Shiflett (witness)
and Theodoshia Early (probably neighbor). We believe Darcos is female.

In 1815 Albemarle Co., we have:
Lucy Shiflet m. Robin [Robert] Davis 15 Mar 1815, min John Gibson; mr 16
Mar 1815; sur William Davis (father of Robert) who gives his consent and
also affirms Lucy over 21, wit David Rodes; daughter of Darky Shiflett

We believe Darky and Darcos are one in the same.  Robert and Lucy Davis are
listed on the 1850 Rockingham census. Any insight would be appreciated.
Julie

Julia Shiflett Crosswell
Fort Worth, TX

Shifflett Family Genealogy Website:
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/4575/
March 1999 web site of the month at GenExchange