VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2023

From:
Barbara Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2023 08:26:31 -0600

Helo Lonny,
I am sorry to say that I do not think my Martin family is connected to yours.
My Martin family is associated with MA and Maine.  They were early settlers.  One of them, my line, went to Wilmington, NC in the 1840's.  I do not  recognize any of the names you have mentioned.

I am not aware of any association with Virginia.. I've primarily concentrated on my line and have not kept up with more recent Martins. The earlier ones were usually associated with the sea. Sea Captains, Shippers, sailors.  If I run across any of them going to VA, I will let you know.
Good Luck in your search,
Barbara