VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2001

Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 21:54:31 EST
My ancestor, Henry Bell , son of William Bell of Orange Co and Mary Miller,
served in the Revolution. In a DAR application by one of his descendents,
there was a reference to Document# 1686995; Adjt. Gen. Office
HUTMAN's REGISTER. The spelling of the Register could be wrong by my
interpretaion, as it was handwritten.
What is this register and how do I get the information it contains? This was
supported by a letter written in the middle 1850's by a relative of Henry
Bell. The letter stated he was a Capt . of Cavalry in the Southern Army and
served in North Carolina.
Another Henry Bell's record had been mistakenly used by another branch of my
Henry's descendents  and was later corrected  and the document above was
cited.
Ellen Eanes ,
 Boise, Idaho