VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2002

Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 01:03:18 EST
I'm looking for a marriage for an Aldridge FORD that was in the 1850 VA
Census in Doddridge Co. with Family and a Wife Nancy. Aldridge was 35 and
Nancy was 34. Their oldest child is an Emily, age 9. Aldridge was in the PPT
listings of Mason Co. from 1836 - 1839. He probably got married there or in
one of the Counties Doddridge was formed from. There is an older couple in
the HH named Willis and Mary. I cannot read their last name very well but it
could be Herrel. Willis is 70 and Mary is 65. I am wondering if they are
Nancy's Parents or Aldridge's remarried Mother and her Husband. Aldridge was
the Son of Richard FORD who lived in Mason Co., VA till he died intestate in
1827/28. I am trying to find the name of Richard's Wife, who I believe may be
a LEWIS. Thank you. Tim Spradling